Creating a professional web site is a stressful business. Stress because it reflects your business identity and you cannot afford to go wrong even once, as the damages could be irreparable. There are few basic mistakes that businesses must avoid while working on web site design projects to be successful.
- Weak or no planning – Planning a website is absolutely necessary if you want to fulfill the demands of your customers. Never jump over this step and directly head into the creative processes. The sole aim of online web designing projects must be to create a money minting website for your business and planning is essential to achieve this objective.
- Obsolete Content – It is said that content is the king and the businesses that don’t follow this maxim often fall apart. Take pains to continuously update the content of your website. Outdated content causes visitors to never revisit the website again.
- Cheap Design – The second most important thing for a website after content is a professional looking design. We all know that an affordable web page design is also a good design. Hence a good looking a professional web page design would eventually even out the cost of hiring professional graphic design designers for the job.
- Incorrect Fonts – Font should match the overall look and purpose of the website. Avoid using jarring and harsh font colors like red. Also don’t change the font sizes and spacing at your own will since users are empowered by their browsers to do that.
- Text Only Web design – Having a text only web site is a sin. Do that at your own peril. Your customers are not interested in reading pages after pages on your web site. Keep a good mix of graphic images and text based content to keep
… Read more
Reducing bounce rates is the key to increasing the conversion rates for your website. High bounce rates make your visitors give up on your website on the first page only. You are deprived of the chance of converting potential customers. Now, this might be unhealthy for the growth of your business. A higher bounce rate is an alarm for you to cross-check your strategy. A small error in your policy can land your website with a high bounce rate.
Identifying the problem and fixing it will help you reduce the bounce rate of your website. Some of the ways of reducing bounce rate are listed below.
Increase your Website Speed
With the fast-moving busy world, a slow landing page is not acceptable to the visitors. Waiting is going out of fashion. Visitors immediately abandon your website when it takes time to load. Customers want to be connected to your site within seconds. Slower your website speed higher will be your bounce rate. In order to attract more potential customers, you have to employ strategies to increase your website speed. Higher is the speed of your website. Higher will the conversion rate.
Improve Readability of your Website
While designing websites, readability is often neglected by most business. But it is one of the essential aspects of your website. Readability not just includes the right font size and style. But it is all about the overall view of your website. Proper background complementing the writing of your content is essential. The right amount of spacing and margins also help in giving your site an attractive look. Crafting a better quality website with high readability attracts more visitors.
Inadequate and irrelevant content are the main reasons for higher bounce rates. Such contents leave the customers annoying. Enhancing the quality of your … Read more