Creating a professional web site is a stressful business. Stress because it reflects your business identity and you cannot afford to go wrong even once, as the damages could be irreparable. There are few basic mistakes that businesses must avoid while working on web site design projects to be successful.
- Weak or no planning – Planning a website is absolutely necessary if you want to fulfill the demands of your customers. Never jump over this step and directly head into the creative processes. The sole aim of online web designing projects must be to create a money minting website for your business and planning is essential to achieve this objective.
- Obsolete Content – It is said that content is the king and the businesses that don’t follow this maxim often fall apart. Take pains to continuously update the content of your website. Outdated content causes visitors to never revisit the website again.
- Cheap Design – The second most important thing for a website after content is a professional looking design. We all know that an affordable web page design is also a good design. Hence a good looking a professional web page design would eventually even out the cost of hiring professional graphic design designers for the job.
- Incorrect Fonts – Font should match the overall look and purpose of the website. Avoid using jarring and harsh font colors like red. Also don’t change the font sizes and spacing at your own will since users are empowered by their browsers to do that.
- Text Only Web design – Having a text only web site is a sin. Do that at your own peril. Your customers are not interested in reading pages after pages on your web site. Keep a good mix of graphic images and text based content to keep the user interested in your business.
- Artistic Hara-kiri – Most businesses make the mistake of interfering too much with the online web designing projects. This should be avoided unless you are an artist or a graphics design designer.
- Ignoring Site Navigation – There is nothing that hasn’t been already said about the importance of web site navigation. Web site design projects ignoring the navigability of the website is also risking the success of your website.